[ABC] ABC Article - Both 50 Call Programs

JERRYSTORY at aol.com JERRYSTORY at aol.com
Wed Oct 2 09:53:37 PDT 2013

Click below for the Article: Revitalizing Square  Dancing

This is a long article and I apologize for that.  There  is just a lot that
needs to be said.  Please read this article and then  study both lists and
ponder on the concept in general.  I hope this creates  some very positive
discussions and more important I hope we can create some 50  call clubs here
in America.
Thank you all for your leadership.

Click Below
http://abcsquaredancing.com/uploads/ABCFinal3.pdf

Pasted below is the RGV Club 50 and below that the new CL/ACA  50 call
program. You can compare the differences, which are  minimal but worth
discussing.  It would be nice to see these lists meshed  into one.  Then it's time
for all interested participants to focus on ONE  50 call list and begin to
start 50 call clubs running parallel with the existing  activity.  Those who do
not want to change do not have to.  No body is  suggesting a mandate but
rather a consolidated and concentrated effort to  rebuild Square Dancing using
a new 50 call program.

The floor is now open for  discussion.

RGV  Club Level 50

1.  Dancer Naming:
A. Partner /  Corner
B. Heads /  Sides
C. Couple  #1,#2,#3,#4
D. Boys /  Girls
E. Centers / Ends
2. Circle  Left / Circle Right
3. Forward & Back
4.  Dosado
5. Swing
6. Promenade  family
A. Couples (Full, 1/2,  3/4)
B. Single File  Promenade
C. Star Promenade
7.  Allemande Left
8. Arm Turns
9. Right & Left Grand  family
A. Right and Left  Grand
B. Weave the  Ring
C. Wrong Way Grand
10. Left Hand  Star / Right Hand Star
11. Pass Thru
12. Split Two /  Separate Around 1 or 2
A. to a  line
B. and come into the middle
13.  Star Thru
14. California Twirl
15. Courtesy Turn / Right  and Left Thru
16. Ladies Chain family
A. Two Ladies Chain (reg. &  3/4)
B. Four Ladies Chain (reg.  & 3/4)
C. Chain Down the  Line
17. Dive Thru
18. Lead Right / Lead  Left
19. Veer Left / Veer Right
20. Couples  Circulate
21. Bend the Line
22. Flutterwheel / Reverse  Flutterwheel
23.  Sweep a Quarter
24. Grand Square
25. Circle to a  Line
26. Square Thru / Left Square  Thru (1,2,3,4)
27. Wheel & Deal
28.  Double Pass Thru
29. First Couple Go Left/Right, Next Couple Go  Left/Right
30. Zoom
31. Ferris Wheel
32.  Rollaway
33. Box the Gnat
34. Ocean Wave  family
A. Step to a  Wave
B. Dosado to a  Wave
C. Allemande Left in the Alamo  Style
D. Balance
35. Trade  family
A. (Named Dancers)  Trade
B. Couples  Trade
C. Partner Trade
36. Swing Thru  / Left Swing Thru
37. Run / Cross Run
38. Pass the  Ocean
39. Extend (from 1/4 tag only)
40.  Circulate family
A. (Named Dancers)  Circulate
B. All 8 Circulate
41.  Trade By
42. Touch 1/4
43. Single File Circulate, Split  / Box Circulate
44. Centers In
45. Cast Off  3/4
46. Tag the Line (In/Out/Left/Right)
47. Half  Tag
48. Fold / Cross Fold
49. Scoot Back
50.  Recycle (from a wave  only)

Rio  Grande Valley Callers Association
(Revised  March 20, 2005)
This  program and suggested teaching order can be easily and successfully
taught,  Standard Application, in 20 hours of class time.  One 2 hour lesson
per  week = 10 week course.  Two 2 hour lessons per week = 5 week course,
etc.  Some tweaking may be preferable, however before tweaking please
contact the writers of this paper to hear the rationale behind the order and
content.
Authors:  Rio Grande Valley Callers Association
System  Experimental Condensed Teaching Order —12 Sessions

Presented by Elmer Sheffield, Jr.

Ad Hoc Committee

Bill Harrison, Paul Marcum, Tim Marriner and Gary Shoemake

Session 1

Circle Left/Right

Promenade

Wheel Around

Dosado

Stars Left/Right

Swing

Allemande Left/Arm Turns

Right & Left Grand/Weave

Ladies Chain

Session 2

Lead Right/Left

Right & Left Thru

Slide Thru

Pass Thru/Double Pass Thru

U Turn Back

Session 3

Ladies in Men Sashay/1/2 Sashay

Bend the Line

Veer Left/Right

Trades

Session 4

Cloverleaf

Grand Square

Alamo Style

Swing Thru

Session 5

Run

Trade By

Circulates

Session 6

Single Circle to a Wave

Square Thru

Wheel & Deal (out facing lines)

Session 7

Touch ¼/Hinge

Scoot Back

Ferris Wheel

Session 8

Pass to the Center

Zoom

Session 9

Pass the Ocean

Extend

Session 10

Cast Off 3/4

Fold/Cross Fold

Session 11

Recycle

Sweep ¼

Session 12

Flutter Wheel/Reverse Flutter

Jerry Story

2270 Marigold Blvd.
Fairfield, Iowa  52556
Cell-956-358-3888
Email-_jerrystory at aol.com_ (http://jerrystory@aol.com/)
_www.jerrystory.com_ (http://www.jerrystory.com/)

Round Trip Galveston,  TX
March  30 - April 6
2014 All Star  Cruise
Joe Saltel & Jerry  Story
_Click Here and  Download Flier_
(http://jerrystory.com/Portals/0/2014%20Flyer%20Update.pdf)

Fairfield, Iowa Fall Festival
Oct. 11th & 12th, 2013
Joe Saltel * Jim  & Linda Kuhle * Jerry Story
_Jerrystory.com_ (http://jerrystory.com/)  for Flyer

Come Join Us at
*PRIDE RV  RESORT*
"Square Dance Vacations of a  Lifetime"