[ABC] ABC and the 50 Call Program

JERRYSTORY at aol.com JERRYSTORY at aol.com
Thu Oct 3 05:28:33 PDT 2013

And if by "meshing" them into one you mean merging the two lists, to
produce something that includes all the calls in each, that would produce
something even bigger than "Club 50", since while ECTO is significantly smaller
it isn't actually a subset.  But perhaps by "mesh" you mean including some
but not all of the calls from each, to end up with something of an
intermediate  size.

To clarify, there are reasons that differences  exist on each of the
different lists.  There are several reasons of which  I'm sure would certainly
include teaching, philosophy, new dancers,  etc.  Discussing and understanding
these reasons can do nothing  but help us come up with a smaller but very
solid program.  The word I  chose to use was "mesh".

up with any sort of universal "40 call"  or "50 call" list isn't all that
urgent -- it is a good goal to have in mind,  but not something on which we
need to focus too much at this time.  More  important, I think, is for people
to experiment with actually using these lists  to teach faster and build up
a larger dancer population, and any list smaller  than Mainstream could be
used for such experiments.  If and when somebody  is clearly and
consistently getting good results, we can then all look and see  whether that success
seems to be a result of the details of the list they are  using or of
something else (how they schedule, how they teach, how they recruit,  etc.).  And
to whatever extent it appears to be due to the specifics of the  list, I'm
sure others will then consider following that lead.

I would prefer to cooperatively work on THE  list now.  We are not get any
younger! :-)  How much longer can we  experiment?  A list is a list is a
list.  There is plenty of teaching  experience aboard on this project.  We can
come up with a coordinated  list of calls and, if need be, tweak it as we
move forward.  Why not  have everyone on the same plane?  Why wait?  The
sooner we can deliver  this to the Caller Coaches the sooner Caller Training can
begin. (new and  old).  Caller Training will be key to the success of this
new  program.  We'll save this for a future discussion.

In  the meantime, I would much rather see two, three, or even more small
lists all  "competing" for this role and all contributing to growth in various
geographic  areas, than for everybody to be waiting around until there is
agreement on which  of these lists is best!

The RGV 50 and the ECTO are really not that far  apart.  I see teaching
differences and a bit of philosophy  differences.  The RGV list does appear
bigger but it is mostly  things like Forward and Back, Balance, Separates, Step
to a Wave, Wrong Way  Grand, etc.  These do increase the number but
increase teach time very  little.

I'm looking forward to discussing these  differences and working towards a
Standardized set of calls.

Jerry Story

2270 Marigold Blvd.
Fairfield, Iowa  52556
Cell-956-358-3888
Email-_jerrystory at aol.com_ (http://jerrystory@aol.com/)
_www.jerrystory.com_ (http://www.jerrystory.com/)

Round Trip Galveston,  TX
March  30 - April 6
2014 All Star  Cruise
Joe Saltel & Jerry  Story
_Click Here and  Download Flier_
(http://jerrystory.com/Portals/0/2014%20Flyer%20Update.pdf)

Fairfield, Iowa Fall Festival
Oct. 11th & 12th, 2013
Joe Saltel * Jim  & Linda Kuhle * Jerry Story
_Jerrystory.com_ (http://jerrystory.com/)  for Flyer

Come Join Us at
*PRIDE RV  RESORT*
"Square Dance Vacations of a  Lifetime"
Click Here_  pridervresort.com_ (http://pridervresort.com/)

Stay Healthy and Wealthy
_getyour2now.com/kristyandjerry_ (http://argi9solutions.com/kristy)
a_rgi9solutions.com/kristy_ (http://argi9solutions.com/kristy)
_jerrystory.myproargi9.net_ (http://jerrystory.myproargi9.net/)

In a message dated 10/2/2013 11:40:26 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
And if  by "meshing" them into one you mean merging the two lists, to
produce  something that includes all the calls in each, that would produce
something  even bigger than "Club 50", since while ECTO is significantly smaller
it isn't  actually a subset.  But perhaps by "mesh" you mean including some
but not  all of the calls from each, to end up with something of an
intermediate  size.

Given how many different people seem to be working in this  general
direction, my own view is that trying to come up with any sort of  universal "40