MP3 Square Dance Music List
Rich Reel 5 Mar 2007
This is "active" square dance music that's on my 2nd Generation iPod Nano 8GB.
List of Music available sorted by:
Title - Song Name -
Titles beginning with an underscore _ are pre-looped patter-length versions, about 12 minutes, with a subtle musical hint in the last phrase.
Titles with no underscore are the usual 7 x 64 beat phrasing, primarily singing calls.
Label - Square dance record label, recording artist, karaoke version, etc.
Type - Use or energy level
BPM - Beats Per Minute -
This is the average BPM of my digitized version which may not be at the original tempo.
I have tempo-corrected most of my music that was outside the range 124...130 BPM (preserving original pitch).
A second BPM number in parentheses ( ) shows the original BPM (not all have this).
Some added since 2006 have been corrected for tempo variation as well.
A "v" after a BPM number indicates the tempo varies more than 2 BPM.
If you are a square dance caller and own a legal copy of any music you see here,
and would like a copy of my mp3, please contact me.
- SD_Dry - Little or no melody, often simple chord progression and strong beat
- SD_Teach - Non-distracting music that lets dancers concentrate on learning
- SD_Easy - Very relaxed feel. Nice for a last tip
- SD_Patter - Regular, baseline music for all occasions - still very good
- SD_Show - Upbeat, more exciting music for "show"
- SD_NRG - Super High Energy! (Wind-in-the-face choreography required)
- SDSing - Singing calls, 7 x 64 beats unless specifically noted otherwise
- SDSpecial - Birthday, graduation, etc.
My vinyl record collection
How I get my music - How you can too!
See more of my site! - click here