[ABC] ABC and the 50 Call Program

Mike Smithers rebelcaller at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 11 13:23:42 PDT 2013

I haven't replied/commented on this yet because I'm new to Square Dancing and Calling so it will take me a while to form an opinion.

I will be using these lists, however, over the next few weeks as I go to Safford, AZ, to teach a group of new dancers and help them start a Club.

I'm beginning tomorrow with a 4 hour session, and A-B-C will probably take up all of that time. The following Saturday I'm doing another 4 hour session with them, and I will be using the two "50 Call Lists" as well as the Basic 1 and 2 lists to decide what to include in that session.

I'll let the Group know how it goes, and any "list" thoughts I have after those two sessions.

One comment I do have already: It's good to see "less than Mainstream" lists such as A-B-C. I have met very few people who start out wanting to commit 6 months to lessons. It's good to have "introductory" programs so people can give Square Dancing a try, and "intermediate" lists so they can learn in chunks.

(It was a bit strange to see a Plus call on the CL/ACA list, though.)

Thanks for all your help and support!

Mike Smithers