all8.com > caller's notes > articles
Square Dance Calling
The Easiest Way to Resolve a Square
The Dancers At Home
Square Resolution Strategy
- Get all dancers into standard arrangement in any formation.
- Pair one of your Key Couples in any formation.
- While keeping the paired dancers together, call into [0P].
It doesn't matter if any other dancers are paired or not.
- Get the paired dancers on the outside.
- Call Zoom if they are on the inside.
- Look to see which of the following 4 situations you have.
It does not matter if the formation is oriented differently.
If the dancers don't fit one of the 4 patterns, they must be asymmetric
Choose the closest one.
- Call a memorized get-out for that situation
For more information, see...
How To Resolve: 2 Face Line Method - Caller-School-Like method simplified
The Square Resolution Process - More detailed explanation of the steps
Articles on calling, terminology, resolving and more
See more of my site! - click here
Richard Reel Hayward California USA